- Download the zip with the Arduino sketch of latest Photoduino firmware
- Download the latest version of the Arduino development environment
- Unzip the downloaded Arduino environment. You will find two things. The installer of the environment and the drivers for the FTDI chip that carries Arduino to connect to USB. You should install both.
- Unzip the downloaded firmware. Is very important that all files are together in a folder called “Photoduino”, if not, rename it.
- You must connect the Arduino board to your computer via USB.
- Open the Arduino environment you have installed.
- In the Arduino environment, go to menu “Tools->Board” and select your arduino model.
- In the Arduino environment, go to menu “Tools->Serial Port” and select the port of arduino.
COMPILING AND UPLOADING THE FIRMWARE
- In the Arduino environment go to menu “File-> Open …” and select the file “Photoduino.ino” in the unzipped firmware folder. This will open as tabs each of the firmware files in the folder.
- If you want to modify some firmware parameter, is the time to do it.
- Click the “Verify” or go to the “Sketches”> Verify / Compile … “
- In the black area at the bottom should not appear any error. Only white text. If the text is red are errors and you should check the name of the folder as explained above.
- If all goes fine, you can press the button “Upload” or go to the menu “File-> Upload to IO board” and wait to finish.
- The environment will tell you about everything on the console (bottom box with black background)
- If all goes well, you have the firmware loaded on your plate and you should hear one beep (if photoduino shield is connected to the arduino board).
- If not text appears on the LCD screen of photoduino, adjust the contrast potentiometer.